Leukemia - Ms. Chow (Age:41)
Background & Condition
1. Leukemia,( After bone marrow transplant 1 month, chronic rejection occurred, skin ulcer , lots of discharge from the wound and diarrhea).
2. Bed- ridden. Cannot take care herself independently.
3. Patient is agitated. Her emotion is not clam.
4. Insomnia at night.
After Home Care
1. Mental status is improved. Emotion is clam.
2. Can communicate with caregiver as well as the family members.
3. Sleep well at night.
4. Keep skin dry and clean to prevent skin infection and pressure sore.
5. Balance diet to decrease the diarrhea fequency.
6. Relief pain by dressing wound softy and slowly.
Active Global Holistic Caregiving Plan
Support to Specific Condition:
For the Leukemia Care:
1. When dressing the wound, stick on aseptic technique to avoid wound infection.
2. After bone marrow transplant, patient will be easier to fall. Set up safety measure for fall prevention.
Basic Activities of Daily Life:
1. Basic Care.
2. Monitoring of conditions and vital signs.
3. Medication Compliance.
4. Regular turning of patient’s position.
5. Keep bedding hygiene. Keep skin dry to avoid pressure sore.
1. Keep monitoring caregiver when they do physiotherapy exercise to improve patient’s balance and mobility. Rehabilitation exercises include balance control, stretching and muscle strengthening.
1. Respect and protect privacy of the patient.
2. Understand patient’s need.
3. Encourage the communication between patient and her family.